How to integrate with the SMS API from PHP
Our most popular API is the HTTP to SMS API. This is a RESTful API that uses simple query parameters via URLs, however, we encourage our clients to use POST requests when submitting a request to our server. Using a POST request means that the data will be secure inside the body of the POST request and not appended as URL parameters.
If you can put together a Web page with a form, backed by a scripting language (e.g. PHP), you already have what you need to send SMS messages. For PHP API integration, follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for an account on BulkSMS.com.
- Select ‘SMS API’s’ under the Products tab.
- Select the PHP code sample and download the code sample onto your desktop. Alternatively, click here to download our pre written code sample.
- Open the code sample and replace the username and password variable with the credentials used to register your account.
- Enter the msisdn number you would like your messages to be delivered to. This can be done by changing the msisdn variable to the number you wish to send to.
- Run the script from your application or software, 3 SMS messages will be delivered to the msisdn number you provided above.
- Now that you have integrated the PHP code into your application, you can change the bodies of the messages to send 7bit, 8bit and 16bit messages as desired. Note that you only need to use the one required for your specific type of messages. The functions that you won’t be using should be removed from the script. If you only require 7bit message you should remove the $unicode_msg variable as well as the $eight_bit_msg variable. You should also remove the code for sending the Unicode message and the 8-bit message.
Once the PHP API has been integrated into your software, these protocols will allow for automated SMS messages to be sent from your application. Here are some examples of what SMS API integration can do:
- Send automated SMS notifications when enquiries are made on an online directory.
- Notify clients via SMS of progress made on repair work.
- Send automated SMS messages directly from your bespoke CRM software.
We offer a sophisticated SMS gateway platform for sending text messages to over 800 mobile networks. Our stable geographically redundant platform is backed by NetApp and IBM BladeCenter hardware. Click here to find out more about our SMS API solutions.