BulkSMS is seeking a highly motivated individual experienced in designing, implementing, operating, optimizing, and maintaining cloud-based solutions within a challenging technical environment. The ideal candidate is excellent at troubleshooting, staying current with industry trends and will customize the platform to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge and you will play a pivotal role in achieving this edge.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, design, and scale AWS cloud implementations using the best practices recommended by Amazon.
- Work with our Systems and Infrastructure team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for BulkSMS keeping costs and requirements in mind.
- Deploy and debug cloud stacks and ensure the security of the cloud infrastructure.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance by collaborating with the development teams to identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies.
- Implement and manage cloud environments in accordance with BulkSMS security policy and guidelines.
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modelling, and advanced analytics.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix, and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- +3 years’ experience cloud infrastructure with a preference for AWS knowledge
- Linux / UNIX and Windows Server advanced proficiency required.
- Solid experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation required.
- Experience with SysOps.
- Good experience with application container technologies and platforms like Docker, ECS, EKS and Kubernetes required.
- Good knowledge of relational database systems, and database administration skills (MySQL, Aurora) required.
- Experience with DevOps technologies and tools such as Git, Ansible, CI/CD, GitLab and others required.
- Strong IP networking skills required.
- Experience with ITIL as a Technology framework and ITSM (IT Service Management) as a process and/or practice, particularly with Service Transition and Service Operations.
- Agile / Scrum or Kanban experience preferred.
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC essential.
- Ability to write and maintain scripts or software for system automation and tooling.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Efficient and proficient technical documentation skills.
- Clear and logical thinking.
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and committed to company objectives.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Works well within a team centred environment.
- Cost driven and fully aware of the implications of proposed solutions especially when using Cloud Platforms.