The benefits of using SMS
- SMS is Personal. It goes straight to the recipient’s mobile phone. The message is literally delivered directly into their hand.
- Real-time two-way SMS communication. Receive replies to your bulk SMS messages.
- An SMS message can reach a customer wherever they are.
- You can get your message out efficiently to the required group.
- You can send individual messages or group messages.
- If the cellphone is off or out of signal range, the message will arrive at the recipients phone if it is switched on or receives signal within 48 hours of sending.
- SMS can be stored for use at a later stage.
- SMS can be forwarded.
- SMS can be easily tracked using the delivery reports. You are able to see which messages were delivered to which mobile numbers.
- SMS messages can be scheduled to go out at a certain date and time.
- Your message gets across in 160 characters or less. Short and sweet.
- You can send bulk SMS messages from your computer.
- Reliable delivery to over 800 networks in more than 200 countries.
Benefits of SMS vs Phoning:
- Cheaper than a phone call
- Takes less time to send a message than it does to make a phone call.
- Benefits of SMS vs Emailing/Online:
- Email/computer is not always readily available.
- A client/customer will almost always have their cellphone on them. The chances the recipient receiving and reading the message is very high.
- People are more likely to receive and read an SMS than an email.
- More people have access to a cellphone than they do the internet.
- Cellphones do not have a spam box. Many emails are “lost” because of the junk mail filter.
Benefits of SMS vs Fax:
- Fax machines are not portable.
- Often times an office has one fax machine servicing an entire office.
- Faxes are not “personal”. Anyone can walk past, pick it up and read it.
- SMS is cheaper than sending a fax.
- Sending an SMS takes less time than typing up and sending a fax.