Events management is no simple task. It requires effective communication every step of the way to ensure that the right people get the right message at the right time; a requirement that is easily met when using SMS.
SMS drives attendance
Let’s take a look at how SMS can be used to improve and facilitate event attendance:
- Event Confirmation — Instead of making numerous calls or sending copious emails to potential attendees, an SMS can be sent reminding them to confirm their attendance.
- Event reminders — Sending out an SMS 24 hours before the event is a sure way to reduce the number of no-shows.
- Event Announcements — Once the attendance is confirmed, SMS messages can be sent to all attendees giving them useful information about the event. For example, one SMS could detail the agenda, another directions to the event location. You could even create a Mobi-gram message which is easily clickable from your SMS.
- Post event notifications — SMS messages can be sent to all the event attendees after the event; thanking them for attending and requesting any feedback.
- Invitations for follow up events — Once you have built up a contact list of attendees, personalised SMS messages can be sent to your database inviting them to your next event. Event organisers can again add a visual element to the SMS invitations.
SMS keeps staff informed
Using SMS messaging for the organisation of event staff means that everyone knows what is expected when. Let’s take a look at how you might use SMS to communicate with the staff at your next event.
- Timetables and scheduling — SMS messages can be sent to all the event staff prior to the event informing them of their schedules for the duration of the event.
- Reminders and notifications — SMS reminders can be scheduled and sent to staff 24 hours before the event reminding them of their shifts and other information such as event location, dress code etc. SMS messages can also be sent to staff during an event in case of an emergency or change in schedule.
- Two-way communication — SMS messaging enables a quick and effective two-way communication channel between you and your staff. This means that staff can immediately respond if they, for whatever reason, are unable to fulfil their duties.
Due to the demanding nature of the events management industry, effective communication is essential to ensuring that each part of the event runs smoothly. The use of SMS can help reduce no-shows, coordinate staff and keep all attendees informed of any changes or special offers. SMS is reliable, cost-effective and, it is the perfect tool to help improve the communication efforts at your next event.